Valuable Court Information As It Relates To Our Parenting Classes
Student Participation and Certificate Requirements
The website ParentingClass.net is a distance learning environment developed by Dr Kathy Garber a licensed marriage and family therapist that teaches:
- Supportive harmonious co-parenting skills and parenting / co-parenting relationship
- Sensitivity and commitment of each parent to the child
- Techniques to decrease parental conflict
- Stages of divorce
- Stabilize the family during a divorce
- Anger management techniques
- Stress management for children and adults
- Assertive communication
- Consistent parenting
- Age appropriate divorce communication
- Self esteem techniques
- Stages of development and growth
- Blending families
- Successfully transition children
- Domestic violence
- Additional sources of help
Taking parenting classes online is a new form of fulfilling court ordered parenting classes. Courts, probation departments and human resources want to know if online learning is as effective as learning in a classroom setting.
Research literature shows there is growing evidence that online learning is as effective or even more effective than traditional learning environments because it provides a cost-effective and diverse means of students to learn how to become better parents.
Isn’t human interaction necessary for learning co-parenting skills?
Our students interact with the facilitator through emails and intensive work in the class. The facilitator is a licensed marriage and family therapist Dr Kathy Garber.
Who created the parenting program?
Dr Kathy Garber, a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, has more than 20 years in the mental health and healthcare industry. Kathy is a clinical member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, a clinical member of the California Association of Marriage and Family therapists. Dr. Garber is dedicated to bringing a quality online service and a name that the courts have trusted since 2002.
What Responsibilities Do Students Have In The Program?
- All students are expected to spend a certain amount of time in the program.
- All students are required to read the program workbook.
- All students must meet a time frame depending on the amunt of hours they need for completion.
- Students are monitored in their participation by the facilitator.
- Students are bound by time frames.
- Students can earn time by reading, talking with facilitators, quizzes and exams.
- To receive a certificate of completion, all students must complete the above mentioned and complete a comprehensive examination with at least 80%.
- Students are required to complete a completion questionnaire when all assignments are finished.
- The facilitator will then do a complete review of their participation to determine a student’s eligibility.
- Certificates are given out at the discretion of the facilitator.
- Certificates are sent to students in PDF format to prevent students from faking certificates.
- Cheating through any class can happen including face-to-face programs. Successfully cheatingin our class is very difficult. No system is perfect, but ParentingClassOnline.net makes a strong effort to make certain the people who say they are taking the program are actually taking the program.
Why Should I Refer People To ParentingClass.net And Accept The Program As Satisfactory?
- Online education offers a variety of advantages over traditional forms of face-to-face programs. Students learn in their own environment and when it is convenient for them.
- Online parenting classes are usually less expensive than traditional programs. This makes clients less resistant to take a parenting class.
- Programs are self paced and can be tailored to the individual needs of the client.
- Our material is written for all levels of education. The software is easy to use so that the client can dedicate time to actually learning instead of computer problems.
- Facilitator to client interaction is increased in online learning. Often facilitators and clients speak on a daily basis.
- Material is constantly updated.
- Students are much more one on one accountable for their participation.
- Dr. Kathy S. Garber has been working extensively with the court system for over 15 years offering quality online learning programs.
How was the curriculum developed?
The material and techniques used in this program were first implemented in a face-to-face program. This program was then put online as a means of offering affordable divorce and parenting classes and making clients more accountable for personal change. Making someone personally accountable to receive a certificate of completion is much different than sitting quietly in a room of people pretending to be interested.
We help people get excited about changing their lives and living in positive solutions. We build self esteem and coach people to get excited about their lives. This is definitely not a passive program. This is a program of accountability.
Please Feel Free To Contact Us
I hope you will seriously consider our program as a valuable instrument in teaching parenting skills. We are dedicated to upholding the standards of our profession and those of the courts.
Whether court ordered, therapist recommended or individually selected, taking our online parenting class is a great first step in improving parenting skills and co-parenting skills. Experience the many positive benefits of ParentingClass.net. Click here to sign up for a parenting class now.